Get Glowing Skin
12 MONTHS LEADING UP TO SKINCARE MY WEDDING CHECKLIST by Aubrie Layne
1. START NOW- As soon as you get engaged it's time to start a good skincare regimen. See a dermatologist or esthetician and get your game plan together. For a list of recommended professionals in our area, (We use Dr Sanaz Harirchand!)
2. HEALTHY EATING- According to nutritionists, to get glowing skin you need to start eating the right nutrients. (We Love Nutritionist and former Bride, Kristi King)
3. ROUTINE STEPS- The Best way to get results is to use a consistent skincare routine. We love Drunk Elephant Travel Size set "The Littles" $90
4. LAYER IT ON- Add serums and toners. We love prepping the skin right. One of our favorites is Sonia Roselli Water Balm & Drunk Elephant Moisture Serum
5.PLAN AHEAD- Cosmetic Treatments After consulting a professional, make sure you have enough time to see results. Any fillers need about 2 months. Any chemical peels, micro-needling, and lasers need about 4-6 weeks before wedding. Facials and Botox need to be at least 2 weeks before the wedding.
6. FACETIME- You have to have amazing skin before applying makeup. Sheet masks are an amazing quick fix for those late nights or post bachelorette parties for parched skin.
7. ON BASE-Pick a foundation that works with your skin type. The BEST ever foundation is the ELLIS FAAS SKIN VEIL available at Lucky Cat Beauty Studio HERE
8. BALANCING ACT- Practice runs with your makeup artist to see what parts of the face need more or less enhancing for photos and definition.
9. GET CHEEKY- The best way to bring out the bone structure and add a healthy “Bonne Mine” a term we used at Laura Mercier Cosmetics. Balmy cream cheek colors in corals can never go wrong. Use cream cheek colors with a foundation brush and set with a powder blush for long wear. Apply on the top cheekbones and counteract orbital bone for an instant pick me up to the face.
10. COMBO DEAL- Many people might have dry and oily patches to the skin. You can use a mattifying foundation but add a setting cream like Laura Mercier Moisturizing Primer to the high points of the face. Instead of highlighter to get a glow, You can also use a tiny bit of clear foundation primer on fingertips and lightly pat around the eye area to smooth setting powder where it might look drier around the eyes.
11. SUN KISSED- We love a subtle glow with a light organic airbrush tan and always visit ThrowingCopper.com. An expert hand airbrushed glow takes a pro like Samantha & Gaby at Throwing Copper Organic Tanning in Houston TX.
12. SPRITZER-A little makeup setting spray like ALL Nighter form Urban Decay has different setting sprays for different skin types. Evian Sprays can sometimes dehydrate the skin so we prefer the waterless Bamboo moisture hydrating spray based skin spray by Amore Pacific available at Neiman Marcus Houston ask for Prudence 713.621.7100